There are two great reasons to have a healthy and easy meat recipes they are the game itself and the food that goes with it. Healthy and easy meat recipes traditionally tend to be meat-based and there is plenty of choice when it comes to the best choice of healthy recipes to serve. Chicken wings, mini hamburgers, meat-feast pizza squares, ham and cheese appetizers, chili con carne and fried chicken drumsticks are all popular meat recipes but what else could you make if you wanted to make something a bit different?
If you fancy sticky spareribs or honeyed chicken wings or a deep dish pepperoni pizza, it is the perfect time to treat your taste buds and your guests will be excited as soon as they set foot in the house and smell those wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen. Nearly any meat can be used to make delicious meat recipes. If you like lamb, what about making lamb burgers with fresh mint or lamb kabobs? If you fancy making a few different chicken appetizers, you can make spicy chicken wings, fried chicken dippers with a sauce, or even serve mugs of chicken stew to your hungry guests. Pork is another nice meat to use for meat recipes, whether you make bacon-wrapped dates, sweet Korean ribs or another pork appetizer recipe.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
There are many ways to serve sweet and sour meatballs. One way is to serve the meatballs and the sweet and sour sauce separately so that the meatballs retain their luscious golden brown color and crunchy texture and guests can dip the balls in the glossy tangy sauce with the help of a toothpick. Serving it this way makes a fun cocktail food or appetizer. Or you can simmer the meatballs in the sauce and top it over steaming rice for a delicious satisfying Asian meal. The balls will absorb some of the sauce’s flavors and when you bite into it all the juices will ooze out, producing a sensational experience.
1 lb. ground beef
½ tsp. salt
1/3 cup water
1 egg, beaten slightly
½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup pineapple chunks, drained
1 tsp. instant minced onion or 1/4 cup freshly minced onions
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1. Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Measure and add the salt, water, egg, crushed pineapple, onion and bread crumbs. Mix, combining thoroughly.
2. Shape the meat mixture into balls, about 1 inch in diameter, using a spoon.
3. In a skillet, heat some oil until very hot. Sear the balls quickly to seal in the moisture. Place in paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
4. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, measure the ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the pineapple chunks, stir. Then add the meatballs, one or two at a time.
6. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until the meat is firm.